Christian Outreach to the Handicapped (COH) is a not-for-profit voluntary welfare organisation.
Our beneficiaries are:
1. Individuals aged between 16 and 55 years old. Persons above 55 years may participate in our centre activities. Entry however will be on a case-to-case basis, depending on the condition of their health.
2. Those who have an intellectual disability (IQ below 70) and may have other accompanying conditions such as down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism spectrum disorders (ASD), speech impairment, hearing impairment, physical disability, epileptic fits and others.
3. Accepted and loved regardless of their race, religion or financial background.
The Emmanuel Activity Centres are located at 2 locations : Tampines and Toa Payoh.
Our day activity programmes are provided on weekdays (Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm). We provide a caring environment and work to promote more fulfilling lives for persons with disabilities.
To enhance the quality of life of our beneficiaries, our range of activities include:
1. Training in Activities of Daily Living covering personal grooming, feeding, mobility, toileting.
2. Training in Community Living Skills such as social skills, community mobility (using public facilities), community activities (include sports & games, performing arts, art & craft), home living (household chores).
3. Community Integration Projects
4. Holistic and spiritual development through Bible-based instructions and activities.
5. Physiotherapy where required.
FN: We also provide practical support to the families of our beneficiaries who need it.
Desired Client Outcomes
We engage our clients in activities designed to develop:
1. Relational skills that will help them to better integrate into the community.
2. Functional skills so that they can gain greater independence in different aspects of their lives.
The cost of caring for one person with disability (client) is about S$1,800 a month. Our fees range from S$20 to S$900 based on government means testing and COH fee subsidy, which is determined by the household income of the client.
We rely heavily on donations from individuals, churches and companies to support our day-to-day operations, and to provide fee subsidies or waivers, and other forms of assistance to our beneficiaries (clients) from disadvantaged families.
All applications for admission to COH Day Activity Centre Programs must be made through SG Enable using the following form:
Day Activity Centre Referral Form 2016
Please contact SG Enable directly for assistance in filling this up.
You may reach them at 1800-8585 885 or email@example.com
For more details, please see:
SG Enable Day Activity Centres