Play co-operative games to build the confidence of your special needs child. Co-operative games* bring people together to achieve a common goal, allowing your child to participate based on his ability and experience the joy of teamwork.
Try this game!
All Aboard Rope Game
- Goal: Have fun fitting everyone into an ever-shrinking area
- Benefit: Develop critical thinking skills in a fun way and try out new ideas
- Material(s): A rope long enough to encircle a group seated on the ground
- Tie the ends of a rope to form a circle large enough to surround all the group members in a seated position
- Place the rope on the ground and get everyone to sit inside the circle
- Gradually shrink the circle and challenge everyone to come up with creative solutions to fit in the circle
*The goal of co-operative games is to get people to work together and solve problems as a team while having loads of fun!
- Disability Grants, Co-operative Games for Children with Special Needs, retrieved 29 June 2017
- Lyons, S. E. (2016) Cooperative Games 101: What Are Cooperative Games and How Can They Help Education? retrieved 29 June 2017
- http://www.cooperativegames.com, Free Games retrieved 29 June 2017
About the Author: The COH Resource Team comprises volunteers, content writers and experts, including psychologists, counsellors, educators and social service professionals.